Lately I’ve had a big craving for pumpkin soup but have been putting it off as I am the only one in the house that eats it. Until my imagination hit….
If I made my usual pumpkin soup a bit chunky and added Udon noodles then I’m sure it would be a hit with Jack(who is nearly 19 months old).
I was right!
So if you want to try something a little different give this recipe ago!
Slow Cooker pumpkin and Udon noodles recipe:
1.5-2kgs of pumpkin
2 medium potatoes
2 brown onions
1 teaspoon garlic or 2 cloves crushed
8 cups of stock (I used chicken)
250g Udon noodles (this is personal choice, you can use more or less)
2 teaspoons of oil
1. Cut all the vegetables up and fry in the 2 teaspoons of oil until colour is on the pieces and onions are clear.
3. Cook on high for about 4 hours
4. Test to see if your vegetables are cooked if they are then Mash them all together with the stock. Now this will leave the soup quite chunky but really good.
5. Add the Udon noodles and cook for a further 5 minutes
6. Ready to go! I used a spatula that had holes in it that way I could gather up the vegetables and Noodles and not too much liquid for Jack. (he had it two nights in a row and loved it.)
For your own add salt, pepper to taste and a small dollop of Sour cream!
I also baked fresh bread that day and we had that also, was fantastic meal!
Let me know if you do make it and if you and your family enjoyed it!