I started out feeding Jack Organic Baby food in a glass jar but as time goes on it’s getting too expensive.
Now I have started to play around with making my own baby food.. Some times a success and sometimes not.
We are on a limited budget until I go back to work. I have found you don’t need a lot of things nor do you need to spend lots of money.
Here’s five things I have found useful when starting out.
1. Soft tip plastic baby spoons are a must! I’ve found it better to have more spoons rather than less..
2. Storage containers that you can put into freezer, microwave and dishwasher.. I have yet to find one to my satisfaction that does all three things… Let me know if you find any. At the moment I am using Ice Cube Trays that once frozen I put the food into snap lock bags.
3. Bibs – the more the better! As you can see in the photo above this bib is rather messy after one feeding! I would also highly recommend bibs that are easy to wash and either fit over the head like a shirt of have Velcro on the back. Stay away for ones that tie up. I was given a few and only used once too much of a hassle.
4. Slow cooker or pressure cooker – I currently have a slow cooker ( its great put your vegetables or fruit in with little bit of water and walk away.. Usually in about an hour or two you have soft cooked food ready to go. But if you don’t own one I would probably choose a pressure cooker – it’s quicker, you can have steaming options and it’s a healthy way to cook for all busy families. Fagor Duo Combi 5-piece Pressure Cooker Set looks great and if I was in the market I would probably go with this option.
Amazon readers give it a 4.5 out of 5 read reviews here.
5. Somewhere for your wee one to sit… Now to start with this doesn’t have to be anywhere fancy I’ve sat Jack in his bouncer, car seat and on our couch.. He’s not quite ready for a high chair yet.
I’ve also seen a fantastic Booster Seat made by Fisher-Price and very reasonably priced at $29.99 great reviews 4.8 out of 5 but age limit is 6 months with maximum weight of 45 pounds… Will defiantly purchase this when Jack is ready seems like extremely good value for money.
You can put it in the dishwasher, strap it to a chair, take out in-car with you.. Really does look good.
Here’s it in action –
Is there something I have missed or if you want to share another top must have please feel free to comment.